Dean of Students
Virginia Tech is aware of recent social media activity focused on sexual assault and sexual violence issues. The university takes reports like these very seriously and will direct them to the Dean of Students Office for review and consideration of further action.
Members of the Virginia Tech community who have issues, needs or concerns related to specific events or broader issues may reach out to the Dean of Student’s office (540-231-3787). Other resources available to assist and support students are the Office for Equity and Accessibility (540-231-8771), Cook Counseling (540-231-6557), Women's Center (540-231-7806) and the Virginia Tech Police Department (540-382-4343).
Virginia Tech encourages all members of the community to be active in supporting a safe and respectful community. If you see others engaging in disrespectful or inappropriate actions, speak up and get involved, or contact someone at the university to assist.
For more information about resources and reporting gender based harassment, visit the Stop Abuse website.
The Dean of Students Office is committed to offering care and support to students so they flourish in nearly every imaginable way.
- Engage, educate, equip, and empower students.
- Support and care for students in the midst of crisis.
- Encourage students to utilize university and community resources.
- Work and advise with both our heads and our hearts.
- Respect the student and the advocacy process by recognizing our own biases and by collectively pursuing greater self-understanding and integrity.