About the Dean of Students Office
We know that life doesn’t stop while students are in college. When life throws challenges in students’ way, we’re here to help them create plans, connect to resources, and gain the confidence to get back on track. We work with students, families, friends, and faculty. We’re a friendly, caring team ready to listen and assist. We welcome referrals, appointments, and walk-ins.
- Martha Glass - Interim Dean of Students
- Teresa “Tess” Blethyn - Assistant Dean
- Tamara Cherry-Clarke - Assistant Dean for First-Generation Student Success
- Tara Frank - Assistant Dean for Residential Case Management and Support
- Kimberly Gautier - Administrative Manager
- Phillip Hernandez de Wright - Assistant Dean
- Shaka Sydnor - Associate Dean, Director
Contact the Dean of Students
- Walk-in: 109 New Hall West
- Email: email@example.com
- Phone: 540-231-3787
- Hours: 8 a.m. - 5 p.m. Mon.-Fri.
- After Hours/Weekends, 365 days a year: 540-231-6411, press 1
- ACCESS – Emergency services clinicians are available to meet with you at your location. A friend or family member can call for you if you feel that you are unable to do so yourself. Call 540-961-8400.
- CONNECT – A 24-hour referral and emergency evaluation service of Carillion Health Care. Call 1-800-284-8898 or 540-981-8181.
- Cook Counseling Center - If you are concerned about yourself or any Virginia Tech student being (or becoming) suicidal, please call the Cook Counseling Center at 540-231-6557. This number can be used during regular office hours or after-hours to speak with a counselor.
- RESPOND – A mental health assessment and referral service of Montgomery Regional Hospital and Lewis Gale Hospital. Call 540-776-1100 or 800-541-999.
- Police – 911.