Resources for Students, Families, Faculty, and Staff
- Student Code of Conduct – A guide covering the Code of Conduct, University Policies for Student Life, and other policies and procedures that students are required to know and abide.
- Chosen Names and Personal Pronouns - Virginia Tech recognizes that members of our university community may use names other than their legal names. Additionally, for some, chosen names and personal pronouns represent a very important and salient part of their identity.
- Connections for Off-Campus Students – Information on off-campus housing options for students, including listings, resources, and message boards.
- Annual Notice on Rights and Responsibilities of the Virginia Tech Community.
- Safe Zone – This program provides a more accepting environment for lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, and questioning students and their allies at Virginia Tech.
- SAFE at VT – Support and resources around the topic of sexual violence and sexual misconduct.
- Threat Assessment – The purpose of the Threat Assessment Team is to determine if an individual poses, or may reasonably pose, a threat of violence to self, others, or the Virginia Tech community and to intervene to avert the thread and maintain the safety of the situation. Acts of intolerance require a response that asks all members of our community to uphold our shared values as outlined in the Virginia Tech Principles of Community. Since incidents often fall beyond the reach of policy and laws, it is imperative that we respond as a unified community to denounce such behavior.
- InclusiveVT – The Office for Inclusion and Diversity envisions a university committed to building a community of excellence through the affirmation of difference.
- Student Affairs – Student Affairs professionals are committed to the holistic development of the Virginia Tech student experience, from orientation to graduation day. Students interact with Student Affairs staff from a variety of departments such as Housing and Residence Life, Dining Services, and Student Engagement and Campus Life.