Virginia Tech® home

Reporting a Concern

Where to Report Concerns

The Dean of Students Office helps students navigate the university and find the appropriate office to report a concern. Please use the categories below to learn more about where to report different kinds of concerns.

  • Extremely urgent or emergency annoying or threatening electronic communications or phone calls may be referred to the Virginia Tech Police at any time (Public Safety Building, 330 Sterrett Drive, 540-231-6411).
  • Questions or complaints related to abusive or annoying phone calls should be referred to CNS Student Telecommunications (email to, call 540-231-3000, or visit the office at 120 Student Services Building) during normal office hours (Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.).

Undergraduate Students

Graduate Students

  • Hazing is not tolerated in our community. Virginia Tech defines hazing as "any mental or physical requirement, request, or obligation placed upon any person that could cause discomfort, pain, fright, disgrace or injury; that is personally degrading; or that violates any federal, state, or local statute or university policy, the willingness of an individual to participate in such activity notwithstanding. A person is defined as a university student, any associate member, member, affiliate, alumnus, guest of any campus organization, or other individual."
  • To report hazing to the Student Conduct Office, please use their Hazing Reporting form.
  • Suspicious or criminal activity can be reported directly to the Virginia Tech Police (230 Sterrett Drive, 540-231-6411). If you are a victim of larceny, vandalism, damage or destruction of property, or annoying phone calls, you can file a report online at

Need additional support?

If you are unsure of the most appropriate avenue for addressing a specific complaint or need additional support resources, please contact the Dean of Students Office at or 540-231-3787 or by filling out the form below.